Whether listening to the needs of team members, resolving a problem with a supplier, or presenting a solution to a client or prospect, leaders need command of their communications. In this 8-hour public workshop, you will learn and practice skills to help you to communicate with confidence, courage, and a calm presence.
Leadership Communication Essentials draws from topics found in two of our most popular offerings (Presentations That Work® and Communicate with Confidence®). You’ll learn and practice communication skills which you can immediately apply on the job.
- Communicate with Confidence: Improve your listening skills and learn how to resolve conflict by studying its causes, the Do’s and Don’ts of conflict, and how to deal with difficult personalities.
- Presentations That Work and Creating Executive Presence: Improve your presentation skills through hands-on exercises and learn how to think on your feet using Booher’s own SEER format.
- Identify habits and attitudes that affect listening capacity.
- Gather information through probing questions.
- Verify assumptions when listening.
- Phrase conflict statements directly but positively to focus discussion on the issues.
- Deal with difficult people with practical, proven techniques.
- Understand executive presence and how presence affects reception of your message.
- Receive valuable feedback on in-class presentations.
- Practice thinking on your feet to respond to questions clearly, concisely, and credibly.