Customer Service Interactions That Improve Customer Satisfaction
Client – IBM, the world’s largest information technology company
Improve customer service when users call 800#s for technical assistance.
- Reduce customer complaints
- Improve response time to email and phone calls regarding inquires and problems
Booher’s solution included:
- Write clear emails to communicate technical information to customers, to peers, and to their own management
- Apologize and resolve customer problems without involving a supervisor
- Handle phone calls quickly and effectively
- Build rapport in face-to-face interactions when issues required a technical specialist to visit a client site
Both written and oral customer complaints dropped dramatically within the month and customer satisfaction survey scores rose sharply. Response time improved as agents took responsibility for follow-through when escalating customer issues to the next level of support.
Stress among service agents also decreased as agents learned to use specific techniques. As a result, the company began to have waiting lists for the training.